2023 ALL-AMERICAN MAS WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP
MAS Wrestling is an ancient sport, the modern version is brought to us from Yakutia (far northern region of Siberia in the Russian Republic of Sakha). Variation of the sport is found in many cultures including being a favorite of the Vikings in the Scandinavian countries, as well as the Eskimos of North America (Eskimo wrestling, which is part of the Eskimo Olympics), Athletes sit in front of each other, prop their feet against the board that divides the competition arena and pull on a short stick. An athlete wins the bout if he/she pulls the opponent over with the stick or pulls (snatches out) the stick from the opponent. Best two of three bouts win the match.
- Goals and objectives
- Tournament is held with the aim to popularize and develop Mas-Wrestling in the world.
- Strengthening friendly sportive relationship among countries.
- Determination of the Mas-Wrestling strongest athlete in contested weight categories.
- Time and competition venue
Los Angeles Convention Center – South Halls
|Saturday, JANUARY14||10am – 5pm|
|Sunday, JANUARY15||10am – 5pm|
2:00pm to 6:00pm Registration and weigh-in
8:30am to 9:30am Late registration and weigh-in
2:00pm ALL AMERICAN MAS™: MAS Wrestling Tournament Preliminary Rounds in conjunction with ODD HAUGEN STRENGTH CLASSIC
1:00PM – ALL AMERICAN MAS™: All-American MAS Wrestling Championship FINALS
Final matches in all weight divisions as necessary to determine the winners.
Entry fee: $25.00 due by October 31, 2022; late entries $40.00 (All-American Strongman Challenge entry includes MAS wrestling)
- All athletes must be a current member of the AAU. AAU membership card $24 adult $14 youth AAU CARDS; international athletes pay $45
- AAU CARDS AVAILABLE ONLINE AT WWW.AAUSPORTS.ORG `ALL CARD MUST BE BOUGHT ONLINE PRIOR TO THE MEET AND PRESENTED AT WEIGH-INS/CHECK-INS! AS PART OF THE CARD PROCESS, ALL LIFTER AGE 20+ WILL HAVE A BACKGROUND CHECK PERFORMED. PROCESS CAN ADD A WEEK TO CARD APPROVAL
(Sept. thru Aug.). AAU cards are available at https://aausports.org/Join-AAU Please specify pStrength Sport/POWERLIFTING as the sport. All cards must be purchased on-line prior to the competition, and presented at the weigh-in. As part of the CARD process, all athletes age 20+ will have background check performed. This process may add a week to card approval.
- USA athletes must ALSO be a current member of MAS Wrestling USA (memberships $19 per annum available at MAS Wrestling USA Membership Form
All athletes must have sportswear according to Mas-Wrestling rules:
- Men – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports shoes without spikes.
- Women – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports jersey or T-shirt, sport shoes without spikes.
- Conditions of the competitions
Weight Divisions are: Light Weight Women Division 65kg Weight Class; Middle Weight Woman Division U85kg Weight Class; Absolute Women Division 85kg and above Weight Class; Light Weight Men Division U80kg Weight Class; Welter Weight Men Division U90kg Weight Class ;Middle Weight Men Division -U105kg Weight Class; Absolute Men Division +105kg and above.
Weight categories with 2 or less athletes merged with next higher weight category; weight categories with 3-5 athletes conducted in Round Robin format; and weight categories with 6 or more athletes conducted in the actual International Mas-Wrestling Federation Rules Article 2.1 by the System with elimination after 2 (two) losses.
Sculpted Trophies to winner of each weight category. Top three athletes (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) in each weight category are awarded with medals. PLUS Arnold Invites to podium finishers.
- Hotel Information