2020 ROGUE® Arnold Classic Championship
International MAS Wrestling Tournament Regulations
Columbus, Ohio, USA March 5 – 8, 2020
MEN’s weight categories are Lightweight -90kg (-198lb); Middleweight -105kg (-231lb); and Heavyweight +105kg (+231lb) and WOMEN’s weight categories are Lightweight -75kg (-165lb), and Heavyweight +75kg (+165lb). Weight categories with 2 or less athletes merged with next higher weight category; weight categories with 3-5 athletes conducted in Round Robin format; and weight categories with 6 or more athletes conducted in Double Elimination format. All US athletes must be CURRENT members of MAS Wrestling USA: http://maswrestlingusa.com/membership-form
AWARDS: 1st – 3rd in each weight category including Championship Belts plus Prize Money and sponsor gifts
ENTRY FEES: $100.00 per athlete (MUST REGISTER ONLINE) on or before February 1, 2020. Entries received and accepted after February 1 will have a $150.00 entry fee.
Preliminary applications for participation in the competition with the indication number of athletes, coaches and representatives are accepted until December 31, 2019: ‘Nominal applications should be given to the Registration and Admission Commission on arrival day, signed by the head of the National Federation and the qualified medical person. Participant must present passport and original insurance agreement from the accident to the Registration and Admission Commission. Insurance fees of the participants lie on the sending organization.
USA athletes must be current members of MAS Wrestling USA
Expo ticket fee of $20 per day is WAIVED for registered athletes
Thursday March 5, 2020: Arrival of athletes and officials (all day)
19:00 to 21:00: Credentialing and Weigh-in of athletes (Convention Center Room TBD)
Friday March 6: First day of Competition
8:30 to 10:30: Preliminary Rounds (Concourse Stage)
11:00 to 11:45 Opening Ceremony and Final Rounds Men’s Heavyweight; Women’s Lightweight (Main Expo Stage) subject to change based on tournament participation.
Saturday March 7:
11:00 to 13:00: Final Rounds Men’s Lightweight, Middleweight and Women’s Heavyweight (Concourse Stage)
Sunday March 8: Departure
General management of planning and conducting the tournament is conducted by MAS Wrestling USA, Odd Haugen Presents, LLC, in cooperation with the International Mas-Wrestling Federation (IMWF). Panel of judges are the direct responsibility of the IMWF.
Americans that are MAS Wrestling USA members in good standing, and international athletes that are age 18 (age determines on the very day of competition), passed medical examination and permitted to engage in power sports by the application of the National Mas-Wrestling Federations or authorized bodies. The non-USA National Federations are entitled to be represented up to 12 (twelve) athletes, up to 3 (three) athletes in each weight category. National Team: 15 members: 12 athletes, 1 coach, 1 team representative and 1 referee. All athletes should have sports uniform according to the International Mas Wrestling rules:
- Men: Mas-Wrestling shorts (fitting tightly whole or free-breed) of the established sample by the IMWF, red or blue (according to drawing).
- Women: Mas-Wrestling shorts (fitting tightly whole or free-breed) and sports shirt (T-shirt or top) of the established sample by the IMWF red or blue (according to drawing), or white. Prohibited to wear two-colored (blue and red) of the sports-shirt (T-shirt or top) and
- All participants are obliged to compete in sports shoes without spikes with soft sole. Prohibited to wear shoes with heels, sole with nails, clasps or other metal, plastic or sharp
Allowed to use:
- special belts with width not to exceed 10 cm;
- knee and elbow pads with width no more than 30
- sport taping;
- supporting and fixing equipment;
- grip aids without tacky composition in form of powder (magnesium, rosin) and liquid magnesium;
- grip inserts (i.e. gymnastics)
Participant are required to carry health insurance card covering accidents (original) for each athlete, which is given to the Registration and Admission Commission. Insurance fees of the athletes carry the sending organizations. Nominal applications should be given to the Registration and Admission Commission on arrival day, signed by the head of the National Federation and the qualified medical person. Participant must present passport and original insurance agreement from the accident to the Registration and Admission Commission. Insurance fees of the participants lie on the sending organization.
Delegations, which are needed US VISA for entrance and stay in the Unites States of America, should submit NO LATER than December 31, 2019 to the organizer (odd@MASwrestlingUSA.com) for VISA a list of participants with their full name, gender, passport numbers (as well as date of issuance and expiration date), date of birth, scanned copy of the first informative page of their passports.
Arnold Sports Festival
- Athlete or his/her National Governing Federation will arrange travel and pay cost thereof including hotel accommodations;
- If VISA invitation is required, please notify odd@MASwrestlingUSA.com and we’ll provide invitation to present to US Embassy/Consulate.
- We have a block of hotel rooms reserved in (please note deadlines):
- Red Roof Inn Downtown Columbus
- The room rate is $146 + tax (17.5%).
- Judy Leonard, CTA | Sales Assistant
P 614-224-6539 | F 614-225-5256
Red Roof Plus – #262 • Columbus Downtown • 111 E. Nationwide Blvd • Columbus, Ohio 43215
ask for the MAS Wrestling block (of 10 rooms)
- The double rooms can hold a maximum of 4 people.
- In order to be guaranteed a room they must book by February 14th first come first served.
The Regulations subject to refinement and change.