MAS Wrestling is an ancient sport, the modern version is brought to us from Yakutia (far northern region of Siberia in the Russian Republic of Sakha). Variation of the sport is found in many cultures including being a favorite of the Vikings in the Scandinavian countries, as well as the Eskimos of North America (Eskimo wrestling, which is part of the Eskimo Olympics), Athletes sit in front of each other, prop their feet against the board that divides the competition arena and pull on a short stick. An athlete wins the bout if he/she pulls the opponent over with the stick or pulls (snatches out) the stick from the opponent. Best two of three bouts win the match.
- Goals and objectives
- Tournament is held with the aim to popularize and develop Mas-Wrestling in the world.
- Strengthening friendly sportive relationship among countries.
- Determination of the Mas-Wrestling strongest athlete in contested weight categories.
- Time and competition venue
July 10-11, 2021
The TRAINING HALL by Odd E. Haugen
996 Lawrence Drive
Newbury Park, Ca. 91320
2:00pm to 6:00pm Registration and weigh-in
8:30am to 9:30am Late registration and weigh-in
2:00pm Combat MAS™: MAS Wrestling Tournament Preliminary Rounds in conjunction with All-American Strength Challenge (Strongman)
1:00PM – Combat MAS™: All-American MAS Wrestling Championship FINALS (Strongman and MAS)
Final matches in all weight divisions as necessary to determine the winners.
Entry fee: $50.00 due by June 16, 2021; late entries $75.00 (All-American Strength Challenge entry includes MAS wrestling)
- USA athletes must be a current member of MAS Wrestling USA (memberships $19 per annum available at MAS Wrestling USA Membership Form
All athletes must have sportswear according to Mas-Wrestling rules:
- Men – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports shoes without spikes.
- Women – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports jersey or T-shirt, sport shoes without spikes.
4. Conditions of the competitions
Weight Divisions are: Light Weight Women Division (LWW) -140lb Weight Class; Middle Weight Woman Division (MWW) – 180lb Weight Class; Heavy Weight Women Division (HWW) +180lb and above Weight Class; Light Weight Men Division (LWM) -175lb Weight Class; Middle Weight Men Division (MWM1) – 200 Weight Class and (MWM2) -231lb Weight Class; Heavy Weight Men Division (HWM) +231lb and above.
Weight categories with 2 or less athletes merged with next higher weight category; weight categories with 3-5 athletes conducted in Round Robin format; and weight categories with 6 or more athletes conducted in the actual International Mas-Wrestling Federation Rules Article 2.1 by the System with elimination after 2 (two) losses.
Sculpted Trophies to winner of each weight category. Top three athletes (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) in each weight category are awarded with medals.
6. Hotel Information
|Book your group rate for The Training Hall Strength Classic
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
|The Training Hall Strength Classic|
|Start Date: 2021 Jul 9, Fri|
|End Date: 2021 Jul 11, Sun|
|Last Day to Book: 2021 Jun 25, Fri|
|Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:|
- Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County for 119 USD – 134 USD per night