MAS Wrestling is an ancient sport, the modern version is brought to us from Yakutia (far northern region of Siberia in the Russian Republic of Sakha). Variation of the sport is found in many cultures including being a favorite of the Vikings in the Scandinavian countries, as well as the Eskimos of North America (Eskimo wrestling, which is part of the Eskimo Olympics), Athletes sit in front of each other, prop their feet against the board that divides the competition arena and pull on a short stick. An athlete wins the bout if he/she pulls the opponent over with the stick or pulls (snatches out) the stick from the opponent. Best two of three bouts win the match.
1. Goals and objectives
- Tournament is held with the aim to popularize and develop Mas-Wrestling in the world.
- Strengthening friendly sportive relationship among countries.
- Determination of the Mas-Wrestling strongest athlete in contested weight categories.
2. Time and competition venue
DATE CHANGED TO FBRUARY 5-6, 2021
The TRAINING HALL by Odd E. Haugen
996 Lawrence Drive
Newbury Park, Ca. 91320
2:00pm to 6:00pm Registration and weigh-in
8:30am to 9:30am Late registration and weigh-in
10:00am MAS Wrestling Tournament Preliminary Rounds
1:00pm MAS Wrestling Final Rounds and Award Ceremony
Entry fee: $50.00 due by February 14, 2021; late entries $75.00
TESTING: Any athlete entered may be subject to drug testing per AAU procedures.
All athletes must have sportswear according to Mas-Wrestling rules:
- Men – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports shoes without spikes.
- Women – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports jersey or T-shirt, sport shoes without spikes.
4. Conditions of the competitions
MEN’s weight categories are -90kg (-198lb); -105kg (-231lb; and Absolute/Open +105kg (+231lb), and WOMEN’s weight categories are -70kg (-154lb), and +70kg (+154lb). Weight categories with 2 or less athletes merged with next higher weight category; weight categories with 3-5 athletes conducted in Round Robin format; and weight categories with 6 or more athletes conducted in the actual International Mas-Wrestling Federation Rules Article 2.1 by the System with elimination after 2 (two) losses.
Sculpted Trophies to winner of each weight category. Top three athletes (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) in each weight category are awarded with medals.