International Tournament at Joe Weider’s Olympia Fitness & Performance Weekend December 17-20, 2020
MAS Wrestling is an ancient sport, the modern version is brought to us from Yakutia (far northern region of Siberia in the Russian Republic of Sakha). Variation of the sport is found in many cultures including being a favorite of the Vikings in the Scandinavian countries, as well as the Eskimos of North America (Eskimo wrestling, which is part of the Eskimo Olympics), Athletes sit in front of each other, prop their feet against the board that divides the competition arena and pull on a short stick. An athlete wins the bout if he/she pulls the opponent over with the stick or pulls (snatches out) the stick from the opponent. Best two of three bouts win the match.
Regulations of Tournament
1. Goals and objectives
- Tournament is held with the aim to popularize and develop Mas-Wrestling in the world.
- Strengthening friendly sportive relationship among countries;
- Determination of the Mas-Wrestling strongest athlete in contested weight categories.
2. Time and competition venue
Sands Expo Convention Center
The Venetian Las Vegas201 Sands Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89169
Thursday December 17, 2020
6:00pm -8:00pm Registration and weigh-in
Friday December 18, 2020
11am to 12:30pm MAS wrestling workshop followed by audience participation
1:00pm- 3:00pm MAS Wrestling Tournament Preliminary Rounds
1:00pm – 5:00pm MAS Wrestling Final Rounds and Award Ceremony
3. Management of event
General management of preparation and conducting of the Tournament lies with MAS Wrestling USA, International Mas-Wrestling Federation and the Organizing Committee of the competition venue.
Direct responsibility of conducting the event carried on the Organizing Committee of the competition venue, MAS Wrestling USA and Ground of Jury, confirmed by the IMWF.
Allowed to participate all MAS Wrestling USA members and members of National Federations affiliated with the IMWF, aged of 18 (age determines on the very day of competition), passed medical examination and permitted to engage in power sports.
All athletes must have sportswear according to Mas-Wrestling rules:
- Men – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports shoes without spikes.
- Women – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports jersey or T-shirt, sport shoes without spikes.
5. Conditions of the competitions
MEN’s weight categories are -90kg (-198lb); -105kg (-231lb; and Absolute/Open +105kg (+231lb), and WOMEN’s weight categories are -70kg (-154lb), and +70kg (+154lb). Weight categories with 2 or less athletes merged with next higher weight category; weight categories with 3-5 athletes conducted in Round Robin format; and weight categories with 6 or more athletes conducted in the actual International Mas-Wrestling Federation Rules Article 2.1 by the System with elimination after 2 (two) losses.
Top three athletes (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) in each weight category are awarded with diplomas, medals and prize money (subject to approval by IMWF) . Champion in each weight category receives Championship Belt.
- All expenses concerning preparation and conducting of the competitions the responsibility of MAS Wrestling USA, International Mas-Wrestling Federation and the Organizing Committee of the venue under conditions of partnership.
- Travel expenses, accommodation, nutrition and local transportation fees of participants, coaches and representatives carry sending organizations.
Entry fee US$75 on or before October 31, 2020;
Entry fee after October 31 is $100.00
Questions can be directed to Odd Haugen firstname.lastname@example.org or Lena Tomskaya email@example.com
All athletes, coaches and officials must register online by following link below: