2023 Olympia World Championship
International MAS Wrestling Tournament
Orlando, Florida, USA Novmber 2-5, 2023
ORANGE COUNTY CONVENTION CENTER
9860 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819-8706
MEN’s weight categories are LIGHTWEIGHT-80KG;MIDDLEWEIGHT -95kg (-209lb); LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHTt -110kg (-242lb); and Heavyweight/ABSOLUTE +110kg
(+242lb) and WOMEN’s weight categories are Lightweight -70kg (-154lb), and Heavyweight +70kg (+154lb). Weight
categories with 2 or less athletes merged with next higher weight category; weight categories with 3-5 athletes conducted in Round Robin format; and weight categories with 6 or more athletes conducted in Double Elimination format.
- All athletes must be a current member of the AAU. AAU membership card $24 adult $14 youth AAU CARDS; international athletes pay $45
- AAU CARDS AVAILABLE ONLINE AT WWW.AAUSPORTS.ORG `ALL CARD MUST BE BOUGHT ONLINE PRIOR TO THE MEET AND PRESENTED AT WEIGH-INS/CHECK-INS! AS PART OF THE CARD PROCESS, ALL LIFTER AGE 20+ WILL HAVE A BACKGROUND CHECK PERFORMED. PROCESS CAN ADD A WEEK TO CARD APPROVAL
(Sept. thru Aug.). AAU cards are available at https://aausports.org/Join-AAU Please specify pStrength Sport/POWERLIFTING as the sport. All cards must be purchased on-line prior to the competition, and presented at the weigh-in. As part of the CARD process, all athletes age 20+ will have background check performed. This process may add a week to card approval.
All US athletes must ALSO be CURRENT members of MAS Wrestling USA: MAS USA membership-form
AWARDS: 1st – 3rd in each weight category including Championship Belts for winners
ENTRY FEES: $100.00 per athlete (MUST REGISTER ONLINE) on or before September 30, 2023. Entries received and accepted after September 30 will have a $ 20.00 penalty fee.
ENTRY FORM: ENTRY FORM
Preliminary applications for participation in the competition with the indication number of athletes, coaches and representatives are accepted until October 31, 2022:
Nominal applications should be given to the Registration and Admission Commission on arrival day, signed by the head of the National Federation and the qualified medical person. Participant must present passport and original insurance agreement from the accident to the Registration and Admission Commission. Insurance fees of the participants lie on the sending organization.
USA athletes must be current members of MAS Wrestling USA
Expo ticket fee of $35 per dayARE WAIVED for registered athletes and coaches
The 2022 Olympia World Fitness Expo will be held at the Venetian Expo inside the Venetian Resort, located at 201 Sands Ave, Las Vegas.
SCHEDULE: Times subject to Change
ThursdayNOVEMBER 2, 2023: Arrival of athletes and officials (all day)
An athlete check-in table in Meeting Room “TBT” designated for MAS Wrestling
to distribute athlete credentials & collect signed athlete waivers all day on Thursday.
19:00 to 21:00: Credentialing and Weigh-in of athletes (TBD)
Friday NOVEMBER 3: First day of Competition
10:00 to 12:00: Preliminary Rounds – Morning Session
14:00 to 16:00: Preliminary Rounds – Afternoon Session
Saturday NOVEMBER 4:
12:00 to 13:00 Opening Ceremony and Final Rounds
Sunday NOVMBER 5:
Departure of athletes and officials(all day)
General management of planning and conducting the tournament is conducted by MAS Wrestling USA, Odd Haugen Presents, LLC, in cooperation with the United World MAS-Wrestling Alliance(UWMA). Panel of judges are the direct responsibility of the UWMF.
Americans that are MAS Wrestling USA members in good standing, and international athletes that are age 18 (age determines on the very day of competition), passed medical examination and permitted to engage in power sports by the application of the National Mas-Wrestling Federations or authorized bodies. The non-USA National Federations are entitled to be represented up to 12 (twelve) athletes, up to 3 (three) athletes in each weight category. National Team: 15 members: 12 athletes, 1 coach, 1 team representative and 1 referee. All athletes should have sports uniform according to the International Mas Wrestling rules:
- Men: Mas-Wrestling shorts (fitting tightly whole or free-breed) of the established sample by the IMWF, red or blue (according to drawing).
- Women: Mas-Wrestling shorts (fitting tightly whole or free-breed) and sports shirt (T-shirt or top) of the established sample by the international Rules red or blue (according to drawing), or white. Prohibited to wear two-colored (blue and red) of the sports-shirt (T-shirt or top) and
- All participants are obliged to compete in sports shoes without spikes with soft sole. Prohibited to wear shoes with heels, sole with nails, clasps or other metal, plastic or sharp
Allowed to use:
- special belts with width not to exceed 10 cm;
- knee and elbow pads with width no more than 30
- sport taping;
- supporting and fixing equipment;
- grip aids without tacky composition in form of powder (magnesium, rosin) and liquid magnesium;
- grip inserts (i.e. gymnastics)
AAU membership fee covers accident insurance for each athlete, which is given to . Insurance fees of the athletes is covered by the AAU Registration fee. Nominal applications should be given to the Registration and Admission Commission on arrival day, signed by the head of the National Federation and the qualified medical person. Participant must present passport and proof of aau membeship to the Registration and Admission Commission. AAU fees of the participants lie on the sending organization or indivdual athlete.
Delegations, which are needed US VISA for entrance and stay in the Unites States of America, should submit NO LATER than August 15, 2023 to the organizer (odd@MASwrestlingUSA.com) for VISA a list of participants with their full name, gender, passport numbers (as well as date of issuance and expiration date), date of birth, scanned copy of the first informative page of their passports.
- Athlete or his/her National Governing Federation will arrange travel and pay cost thereof including hotel accommodations.
- Hotel Reservation via this link https://mrolympia.com/travel-accomodations
- If VISA invitation is required, please notify dd@MASwrestlingUSA.com">odd@MASwrestlingUSA.com and we’ll provide
The Regulations subject to refinement and change.